What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 or an Environment Management System (EMS) is a tool for managing the impacts of an organisation's activities on the environment. It is a pro-active approach, and allows business to consider environmental issues before they become a problem.
ISO 14001 exists to allow businesses to establish those operations that have a negative impact on the environment and to minimise these as determined necessary making it a powerful tool for businesses to both improve their environmental performance and enhance their business performance.
What are the benefits of having ISO 14001?
- Improved management of environmental risk
- Evidences compliance with environmental legislation.
- Builds awareness of environmental concern amongst employees.
- Improved corporate image with customers and the public.
- Reduce environmental liability.
- Effective planning
- Fulfils the requirements of public and private pre qualifications questionnaires and tender submissions during competitive processes
- Improves the resilience of the organisation
- Provides visible reassurance to all stakeholders
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets
ISO 14001 Certification from QSBC & RK Auditing Associates Ltd
We will help you design, document, implement and operate a environmental management system that meets all the requirements of ISO 14001. We will design the system around your existing business and environmental practices wherever possible. We will help you to establish the necessary controls to ensure you are in compliance with relevant legislation, and help you identify and solve the areas of your business that do not comply to the ISO 14001 standard.
Once the system has been implemented, we will arrange for it to be audited by one of our internal auditors, before recommending you for your ISO 14001 assessment by an external UKAS accredited Auditor.