What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18001 is the international Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard. It provides a framework for the effective management of Health and Safety including all aspects of risk management and legal compliance.
What are the benefits of having OHSAS 18001?
- Improved Health and Safety risk management
- Fulfils the requirements of public and private pre qualifications questionnaires and tender submissions during competitive processes
- Reduce the risk to employers and employees
- Reduce the impact to your business associated with accidents at works
- Improve staff morale and motivation
- Ensure and demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Improves the resilience of the organisation
- Provides visible reassurance to all stakeholders
- Implement a systematic approach to setting Health & Safety objectives and targets
The key areas addressed by OHSAS 18001 are:
- Structure and responsibility
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Evidencing compliance through appropriate documentation
- Staff Training, awareness and competence
- Internal & External Consultation and communication
- Health & Safety Policy and procedures
- Legislative & Regulatory compliance
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
OHSAS 18001 Certification from QSBC & RK Auditing Associates Ltd
We will help you design, document, implement and operate a Health & Safety management system that meets all the requirements of OHSAS 18001. We will design the system around your existing business and Health & Safety practices wherever possible. We will help you to establish the necessary controls to ensure you comply with relevant legislation.
Once the system has been implemented, we will arrange for it to be audited by one of our internal auditors, before recommending you for your OHSAS 18001 assessment by an external UKAS accredited Auditor.